The most frustrating question I have faced over the past 16 years is "but what do you eat?" when it comes up in conversation that I don't eat meat. Rarely it has been asked out of rudeness but more to do with curiosity on how I am surviving without meat. Now that I am abstaining from any animal derived food I am getting it even more frequently.
It always manages to confuse me on what I should reply with because I eat such a wide variety of food. I don't see my chosen diet as limiting at all. An omnivore diet always seemed boring to me and I couldn't imagine even considering a meal with meat in it. Most omnivores I know seem to eat the same things over and over again and seem to lack the variety that I crave.
I've found since giving up dairy and eggs completely I've deviated from my normal routine of cereal and coffee for breakfast. I came across a great recipe for pancakes on Oh She Glows that is for one person. I live on my own, hate waste and have a tendency to over-eat so it is perfect for me. My favourite toppings is chia seeds, mixed seeds or chopped nuts and agave nectar.
The recipe is a cinch to make. The mixture takes less than 3 minutes to make and is ready to go straight into the frying pan. Less effort than porridge but a bit more effort than cereal. The lack of eggs actually improves the taste in my opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment